Monday, July 25, 2011

Starting Over (again)

Today I am making a change (again) at our house. We started the summer with a great schedule and great ideas. Since then I have slowly, steadily fallen back into my habit of no structure. This might be ok for some families but it's not ok for mine. I have finally figured out how much Tyler thrives on a schedule. He LOVES knowing what comes next and what is expected. Unfortunately for him, I am completely the opposite. This is one of the many ways that Tyler is forcing me to change and become a better person and mom.

So, today....there will be no screen time until after lunch or jobs are done. It is Make-it-Monday and we'll be putting together school kits for kids who don't have money for school supplies. Tuesday is Terrific Library Day, Wednesday is Wacky/Wet Wednesday. Thursday is Think of Something Day(I know that's lame but I couldn't come up with another rythme). Friday is Friend Day. That's not to say we don't play on other days but it's a day devoted to playing. When we have stuck to the schedule I am amazed at how much better everything goes around here.

I am amazed by the mom's that effortlessly keep schedules like this. They make it look easy and it's fresh and fun all the time. I am trying, do I get points for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment