Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Magic age of 8

Alex has hit that magic age. I don't know if it's the same for every 8yr old but it's been great for Alex. Don't get me wrong, he is still Alex but there are some moments that give me hope for him!

He is becoming more aware of needs. He responds quickly when he sees that I need help. The last 2 weeks we have gone to free summer movies. The only way we can see a movie is if we bring a carseat to strap Lu into. You should see Alex trying to carry that carseat for me while I wrestle Lu. It's heavy for him and he can't hardly see where he's going but he does it because he sees I need help. I love it!

Last week we took a day trip to Temple Square. It was a great day. Lu really latched onto Alex for some reason. For a time she wouldn't hold my hand or get into her stroller but she would hold Alex's hand and stay with him. After a while she lost the desire to hold his hand and started running off. He tried his hardest to stay with her and direct her back to me. It was fun to watch him struggle with her(probably because for once it wasn't me!). Finally he sat down and said "Mom, this is hard work". I loved it!

That same day we went to Deseret Book and he picked out new scriptures. He is getting baptized in a couple of weeks. He has loved these new scriptures! He wants me to read them to him quite often. We had a magical moment recently where it was just me and him and we were reading his scriptures. He wanted me to share my favorite scriptures with him and mark them. I really enjoyed this time with him. I would find a great scripture and explain why I loved it. I loved sharing my testimony with him. I know he loved it too. It was a very special time with him. Here he is with his new scriptures.
I am learning that as a mother you have to enjoy the small moments to be happy. I have been so blessed to enjoy some of those small moments with Alex lately. I'm going to hold onto those tight for the times ahead when I'm certain to need them!

1 comment:

  1. Lu is so cut! She reminds me of how stubborn Savannah is! Those small moments really are a great blessing!

    ReplyDelete