Friday, August 12, 2011

Bear Lake

We just returned from our 4 day family reunion at Bear Lake. This is an annual tradition with Nate's extended family. In fact, Nate's aunt figured out that this tradition has been going for more than 50 yrs! Nate has a great family. I love spending time with them. I am grateful that my kids are creating Bear Lake memories just like Nate did. Abby and Alex lived on the beach and out on the boats. They also loved spending time with cousins they know and meeting new ones. Tyler and Lauren were a little harder. We rented a trailer so Tyler would have somewhere to hang out with no bugs. It was hard to get him to come down to the beach. Lauren wasn't a huge fan of the beach either but she was easier to get down there. I had my moments of self pity, wishing that my kids were more "normal". But mostly, I just tried to enjoy the good moments with them and ignore the frustrating ones! I loved the few times I was able to sit in the shade by the beach and visit with the ladies! Nate was able to play golf and horseshoes so he was in heaven! It was a great trip all around!

As a side note, please ignore the terrible quality of the pictures. That's a story for another time!

Here are Nate and Tyler after their little game of baseball. It shows the view of the property. It is a great place!

This is Abby with her sand castle creation.

Here is Alex. He was watching Nate play horseshoes at the time.

Here's an action shot of Nate playing horseshoes.

Just a cute picture of Lu.

When Tyler went down to the beach, this is where you would find him! It was his special lounge chair!

Abby with her cousin Renae. She loves Renae!

I am so happy that we already have our week reserved for next year!








1 comment:

  1. It looks like fun!I miss camping! Hopefully we get to go next weekend! I love the picture of Tyler in his chair!

    ReplyDelete