Monday, August 22, 2011

Entitlement

Last spring I was introduced to a blog called Power of Moms. It as a gathering place for "deliberate" mothers. I would not call myself deliberate. Most days I am simply trying to get through the day without losing my mind. When I came across this group I started to get inspired that I could do better. I started seeing that by changing my attitude I could be a much more effective mother and I could also enjoy my kids more. It has given me inspiration and tools to make changes in my home that will hopefully make a huge difference in the long run.

Through Power of Moms I have also learned about this new book coming out called The Entitlement Trap by Linda and Richard Eyre. I am so excited about this book because I agree with the authors that entitlement is a major problem in our society. I am excited to read this book and get some good ideas of what I can do to help avoid this problem with my kids as they get older. The authors are offering a discount for people who pre-order the book and are also offering a free giveaway for pre-ordering. Just go to http://entitlementtrap.com/giveaway.htm. Check out the book and see if you think it might have some benefit for your family.