Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Happenings

This is a catch up post for all of our fall activities.

We went to the school carnival last month. They had fun activities for the kids but my kids LOVED the band the most! Tyler's old teacher is the drummer in the band so he let the kids sit and play the drums.
Here's Lu soaking in the loud music from the band!

We went to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point during Fall Break. The kids had a great time there. I didn't remember Lu's stroller and she can't be trusted to stay with me while she's walking so we rented a wagon for her.

Tyler rode this bike around a track. It's a big deal to me because he doesn't know how to ride a bike and I wasn't even sure if he knew how to pedal! It wasn't easy for him but he did it! I was so proud of him for trying. He ended up doing this activity twice.

We watched pig races, played in bouce houses, played volleyball over hay bails, roped cattle, got faces painted, and had a snack. I didn't take the kids through the corn maze though. I didn't think that was a good idea by myself! If I lost someone in there I may not ever find them! This is the only maze the kids went through.

We also spent a night at Grandma's house over Fall Break. It was our mini vacation! The next morning we got donuts and went up into the Layton foothills to eat and look at the fall leaves with Grandma. Here we are.

The spot we went to had a great lookout area where we could soak in a view of the valley below.

We picked fall leaves and still have them drying in a heavy book. We should probably take them out now!

Next we carved pumpkins. Lauren thought they looked pretty tasty!
I'm pretty sure she thought it would taste like cantalope.

Nate was a great helper with the carving. He helped the kids get their designs just right.




Then came Halloween....
Have I mentioned that I don't love Halloween? Scary things, candy and dressing up are not my favorite things! Nevertheless, the kids had a costume parade at school on Halloween. Tyler doesn't dress up so he sat with me and Lu during the parade. He was my photographer so I got some pretty interesting pictures there!
Here I am waiting for Lu to finish throwing a fit on the floor. It was nice of Tyler to capture that moment! If you look closely you can see a pink blob on the floor by me. That's Lu.

Tyler took some great pictures at the parade. Unfortunately none of them were of Alex or Abby in their costumes! Luckily I had the camara handy that night just before they went trick or treating. Here is Alex and his friend. Alex was a phantom.
Abby was Minnie Mouse and Lu was whatever we could find around the house that she would wear!
(Can you tell Abby had a party at school that day? Wish I had gotten a picture taken before she stained the front of her costume!)
Here's Lu taking another taste of pumpkin!

I didn't get a picture of Tyler but he was a doctor. He dresses up enough to be able to trick or treat to the houses on our street. He's done after that! Alex and Abby went crazy with the trick or treating this year! They went for 2 1/2 hours! Here they are with their friends they went with.

Abby and her friend ended up in the wagon by the end of the night and they had gotten a little silly! By little I mean ALOT!

That's all I have time for right now. I went on a fantastic girls getaway weekend with my sister/sister in laws last weekend. I'll have to share about that one later!

No comments:

Post a Comment