Monday, October 10, 2011

Birthday!

Yesterday was my 34th birthday. That's right, I'm not afraid to say my age! I have a few good reasons to not be afraid of my age.

1) When I was younger most of my friends in my grade were a year older than me. Yes, it was sad when I didn't drive until I was Jr. in high school but my Mom always said "You'll love it when all your friends are turning 30 and you're still 29."! She was right.

2) I just happened to marry a great man who is 6 1/2 yrs older than me. I always feel young compared to him! He's a good sport about all the teasing I do!

3) I would much rather be 34 than 21 again. I love having more perspective, knowledge, and most of all PEACE. I love where I am in life. I love the ages of my kids. I love that Nate and I are at a great place in our marriage. I love where I live. I love the people that I get to associate with. I simply love where I am in life and I wouldn't trade it for the smaller waistline and fewer wrinkles that would come with a younger age.

There you have it! That's why I'm not afaid to say my age.

My birthday was a nice day. Since it was sunday, Nate was home and was able to take over with the kids and house and let me relax a little. I did have early morning meetings and a primary program practice and it was fast sunday. But other than those things it was a relaxing, enjoyable day.

Nate surprised me with a new camera. I've wanted a new one for a few months. It's just a point and shoot, nothing fancy but I'm excited about it. I spent some time in the afternoon playing around with it. Here are a few shots I took of the kids.

Do you love the close up?

Before you think they're all lovey dovey, please know that they were INSANE yesterday. The next picture is more realistic.

Here's Lu playing under a parachute.

Thanks to everyone for the nice birthday wishes. It was a great day.

2 comments: