Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference

I'm not writing to brag but I am writing to share my success story!

Let me explain......to put it simply, our kids struggle with General Conference! It's not something that they look forward to. They do like skipping a week of regular church but they don't really like sitting, listening to speakers at home.

I signed up on Pinterest recently and saw an idea to help kids listen during conference. It suggested having 5 buckets with candy in them and a word posted on the front. Each time a child hears one of the words they get to pick a candy out of it. I loved the idea! Instead of using candy I decided to put dimes in the buckets. I put one roll of dimes in each bucket. It looked like this

The dimes were a big incentive to listen! Alex and Abby listened intently through the 2 Sunday sessions. I know it sounds like a bit of a bribe to pay my children to watch conference but I choose to see it a different way. As my sister-in-law said. It's a small price to pay to start building a testimony! I agree with her. Abby and Alex both made close to $10 a piece! It's the best $10 I've ever spent!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute idea! I love it!!! I'm going to have to try it next year!

    ReplyDelete