Sunday, September 25, 2011

Love and Kindness

Look at this face
Seriously, how can you not just love him!

Today I am feeling so grateful for people who love this kid and watch out for him.

Yesterday we had a neighborhood party at a local park. One of the games was a cake walk. You walk around in a circle with other people and try to end on a number. If your number is called then you win a cake. I explained the rules of the cake walk to Tyler and his eyes lit up. He wanted to win one of two cakes. They were both chocolate and looked delicious! It was very apparent to everyone around that Tyler was quite focused and intended to win a cake! Well, the game began and cake after cake was won and Tyler wasn't part of the winning. With each cake that dissappeared from the table Tyler's head hung a little lower. I wasn't close by to cheer him on, I was off chasing Lauren but my heart was breaking from afar. He didn't need a cake but I wanted him to feel the excitment of winning. Finally it was announced that this was the last round and there was only one cake left. The participants walked their little circle and stopped on their numbers. I stood off in the distance hoping Tyler's number would be called. The person in charge pulled out a number and suddenly I heard a loud cheer and clapping from the crowd. Everyone was patting Tyler on the back as he walked to the cake table. He didn't get one of the yummy chocolate cakes but he was just so excited to win he didn't seem to mind! I was glad that I wasn't around everyone because I got a little emotional. I could feel the kindess and love from our friends and neighbors for Tyler. It was a very sweet moment. Not only does Tyler feel that love and support, I do. I feel like people are loving and supporting me and my efforts at times like that and I appreciate it more than they could ever know! It reminded me of the 1st time Tyler gave a talk in primary and when he was done the entire Sr. primary started clapping for him. I appreciate the love and support others show him. He is a special kid and thank goodness he is so loveable!

3 comments:

  1. Amy- I cannot wait to get to know Tyler and your whole family better. There is a special feeling about you and you have been so kind to me and my kids. Glad you are my neighbor. :) Brooke Brockbank

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I'm so glad he won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely so easy to love. Besides my own boys I dont know that I love or have been taught to love more by a child as much as with him.

    ReplyDelete